If you weren’t recommended to a specific therapist, here are some things to consider when choosing who to see:
– Not all therapists see clients of any age. Some see only adults, some see only children, and some see both.
– Not all therapists are covered under every insurance program. although all PPC therapists are registered with their governing body, your insurance provider may require a specific “credential” such as a Psychologist or a Social Worker in order to be reimbursed.
– Therapist’s gender
– Therapist’s age
– Therapist’s background, personal experiences or values (Grown children, marital status, faith, etc.)
– Is the therapist Process or Outcome-directed?
– Are you looking for Talk Therapy or a specific type of therapy (EMDR, Somatic Experiencing, Bio-Feedback, etc.)?
– Can you attend appointments at any time of day, or do you require after-hours appointments?
– Therapist’s approach or personality:
– Therapist’s Professional Experience: