Book an appointment online HERE
Canadian Certified Counsellor
“Tuesdays With Morrie” by Mitch Albom
“And so it is with human relationships: we can both create and destroy, nurture and terrorize, traumatize and heal each other”. (Dr Bruce Perry)
What I like most about my job:
Having the privilege to watch my clients in a journey of self-growth and betterment.
I believe that gaining insight into our thoughts, feelings, and perceptions can help us heal, grow, and make positive changes toward our potential. Many of us want to work on making positive changes and improvements, but yet we are inclined to rely on the same old approaches despite our best intentions. My approach to counselling is client-centered and solution-focused. I support clients in experimenting with new ways of thinking, feeling and behaving at a pace that is right for them.
Areas of Interest:
Defiance and Behavioural Issues
Stress, Depression, Anxiety and Phobias
Greif, Loss, and Long Term Illness
Trauma and Abuse
Self Worth, self-esteem, and Assertiveness
Training Upgrades and Certifications
• Couples Counselling – The Gottman Institute Level 1 Training
• Autism and Asperger Syndrome (including Healthy Sexuality in this Population) –advise family members on strategies to incorporate to encourage healthy and appropriate behaviours
• Practical & Applied Assessments to determine the cause and intervention plan for problematic behaviours in children and teenagers.
• Suicide Risk Assessment for at-risk youth.
• Denise in general specializes with the highly challenged and high-risk client populations. As such, she offers coaching and support for parents and guardians of children with developmental delays or learning disabilities especially autism. Specific behavior plans are implemented based on functional skill set assessments with the parents and the children.
• Supporting and directing parents and children of separation and divorce who are conflicted with parents and themselves as they learn the new family routines and expectations.
• Providing both critical extended and short-term support and interventions for post-partum adjustment to moms and dads.
• Anxiety management for children and at-risk youth including constructive healthy lifestyle dialogues with both learning disabled and the at-risk youth population.