Book an appointment online HERE
M.Ed., B.Ed., B.F.A.
“The Kitchen House” by Kathleen Grissom
“If what you are doing isn’t working, do something different.” George Enns
What I like most about my job:
Working together to solve a problem and learning from the people I meet.
Since 1995 I have been supporting adults, families, teens and children. I work at PPC and in a rural school division. I believe in the power of searching for strengths and resiliency to build hope. My counselling style has incorporated a variety of approaches such as cognitive behavioural therapy, family systems and solution focused. People have described me as gentle, empathetic, yet respectfully direct and proactive. As a visual artist, I encourage personal expression through various forms of art. I like to laugh, see all sides, turn things around and find another chance. What I know to be true is that life presents challenges and through these times we can grow and learn, for ourselves and for others.
Areas of Interest:
- Self-awareness and empowerment
- Life balance and change
- Healthy relationships
- Grief and loss – including pet loss
- Living with ADHD / ADD – Executive Functioning Skills
- Self-management/Self-regulation – anger, anxiety, depression, stress
- Understanding and living with behaviourally challenged kids
Training Updates & Certificates:
- ADHD: Theory & Practice: Dr. William Pelham & CADDRA – 2017
- CBT 2 Day Boot Camp: Practical Strategies – Dr. Jeff Riggenbach – 2016
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1: Bridging the Couple Chasm – Wilk & Stoyanowski – 2016
- Treating Adolescent Attachment – Trauma: The Challenge of Connection — Dr. Martha B. Straus – 2016
- Treating Eating Disorders from a Systemic Perspective – Will Corrigan – 2016
- Assessing and Treating Sexual Addictions – Dr. Doug Weiss – 2015
- Violence Threat Risk Assessment (VTRA) – Systems Approach – Kevin Cameron – 2015
- Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents – Lynn Lyons – 2015
- Level 2 VTRA – Violence Threat Risk Assessment – 2014
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) – 2014
- Advanced Applications in Cognitive Therapy – David Burns – 2014
- Smart but Scattered: Strengthening Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents – Peg Dawson – 2014
- Advanced Training: Solving Problems Collaboratively – Dr. Ross Greene – 2013
- Other training and certification available on request.
- School Counselling Psychologist since 1998
- Private Practice at PPC – Children, Teens, Adults, Families since 2012
- Living with ADHD/ADD
- Understanding and living with grief and loss
Favorite Book – The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
Favorite Quote – “If what you are doing isn’t working, do something different.” George Enns
What I like most about my job: Working together to solve a problem and learning from the people I meet.